Choosing a sock that works for your feet and activity level is a critical component of Fleet Feet Sports’ FITLOSOPHY. Consider the fact that your sock is the layer of material that sits directly next to your skin and is intended to comfort and protect your feet. So, why not pick a pair that F.I.T.S the best on your feet?
At Fleet Feet Sports we recommend a non-cotton, breathable sock for running, walking, or other fitness activities. Here are the top 5 reasons we make this recommendation.
- At rest, the average foot releases ¼ cup of sweat each day.
- On a 5 mile run, your feet produce enough sweat to fill an 8 oz. glass.
- 55% of foot perspiration evaporates through the shoe’s upper. The other 45% is absorbed in the sock and footbed.
- Two trillion bacteria live on your feet (that’s 12% of all bacteria on the human body).
- The naked foot temperature is 94 degrees. The non-active foot in a shoe 105-125 degrees. This temperature increases with activity level.
Fleet Feet Fayetteville carries a wide selection of socks including Asics, Balega, Drymax, Injinji, Thorlos, and WrightSock.